New here. Need help with my gourami.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Remember how earlier in this thread I mentioned the gourami had a sore on his head? Now he has one on the other side. And- when he was eating just now, bubbles were coming out of the one sore. So now what do I do?!?!

Upon closer inspection he has one large sore on one side that bubbles come out of when he gets air from the surface. On the other side he has a sore half the size of the first sore and a smaller sore above his eye. *sigh*. I'm sure this isn't good.

Mumma.of.two said:
Can you post some more pictures? Does it look like a burn?
Sounds like he is injuring himself on something and we need to find out what!

I will really try to get some pics after I get home. There are no plastic plants, the decoration has no sharp areas (I checked it really good) and the gravel is pebbles and sand now and not pointy or jagged. I moved the heater higher in the tank so he can't lay against it ( I did that after the first sore appeared).

FS guy said it sounds like hole in the head and if it is it is extremely hard to cure. Still not home yet to get pictures.

Mumma.of.two said:
Oh crap. My guy died of that :( I'm sorry

I found a pic on the Internet and it looks like the same kind of lesions. :( it seems like it would be painful. Should I euthanize him so he doesn't suffer? That stuff is eating holes into his head. :( *cry*

Well it depends on the person. Depends on wether there still eating and acting normal. When they stop eating and acting normal then its time to put them out of there mysery.

Butterflychild said:
Well it depends on the person. Depends on wether there still eating and acting normal. When they stop eating and acting normal then its time to put them out of there mysery.

I agree. If he is still acting fine. Leave him be. :)

Here are the pics:

First one is the first lesion I saw and it's the deepest. It's the one the bubbles come out of when he sips air from the surface. Second photo are the lesions on the other side of his head. They are not as deep but they have gotten bigger.

The one lesion looks like its on his gill probably all the way through thats probably why air bubbles are comeing out. Not sure what te others are from.

Butterflychild said:
The one lesion looks like its on his gill probably all the way through thats probably why air bubbles are comeing out. Not sure what te others are from.

Yeah. I really have no idea. I found this picture of a fish with HLLE and I think it looks similar. I don't know though. I'm watching him very closely.

Mumma.of.two said:
This is what my fit looked like when he got HITH/HLLD.

I'm sorry he didn't make it. :( I've been watching Skeeter like a hawk tonight. He is mostly laying around. He's been on top of the heater, on the Rotala Indica, and on the sand. He gets up and swims around for a few minutes but he has mostly been laying around looking pitiful since I've been home. I did a 50% water change and added two Anubias (two different types. Their leaves aren't the same). I took out the decoration and am waiting for my driftwood to become saturated so I can put it in. Here's a picture of the tank. I hope Skeeter pulls through this because I'm really trying to create a lovely home for him and I know I would enjoy watching him swim around all the time. It makes me sad to see him just laying around all the time and I know not what to do for him.

First pic is front view with the room dark and just the tank lights on. Second pic is a side view (room lights were on). You can see him resting on the plant.

He's not doing very good this morning. He didn't come up to eat and he looks like he is struggling to breath. :( this is probably not going to end well. I did a 50% water change again and added some stress Zyme to see if it helps him feel any better.

Back
Top Bottom