New Here-Not real knowledgeable about tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fanaticbooks

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've had a 28 gal. octagonal tank for about 20 years. I have had multiple types of fish over the years. Usually have good luck with them. Mainly have it down to tetras or guppies.

Had a 15 gal. oct. also with gold fish but after many years, they passed on so stored it away.

I found this place because I have a problem which I will post once I find the right forum. I decided it would be nice to have a place I can go to get advice instead of relying on the fish salesperson.

They have created my problem and don't have a solution for me. bleah
fanaticbooks

Welcome to AA fanaticbooks! So what type of fish do you have in the larger tank? And we love pictures on here;) hint hint

It's a 10" Pleco, I think a common type, maybe? Unfortunately I have it in a 28 gal. octagonal with a small opening on top. If it grows too much bigger, it won't get out. I did not realize that this chain store sold ones that get HUGE! My other I had for many many years (at least 8) and it stayed a reasonable size for the tank.

I NEED DESPERATELY to find someone who could come safely catch this baby and take it to where it could have a better home. I DON'T want it to be killed simply because it is too big for my tank.

I just posted in the forum for Portland, OR (Northwest area) this same topic. I live on the West side of there. I am willing to offer some funds to supplement food until he finds a new home.

As for pictures, I am so new in here, I don't know how to post those yet. I am not very computer literate. I have posted pictures on a veteran website but that took me time and a lot of help from computer knowledgeable to do. Here I have to do some research to find the way to do so.

Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom