New here! Owner of bettas, a bristlenose, and african dwarf frogs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tsogamraf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone!

I'm a new member of this site. I have a normal ten gallon tank and inside it has the prettiest male crowntail betta you will ever see! I've had him for a little over a year. I recently got him some tank mates. Now I'm also the owner of two little african dwarf frogs and an albino bristlenose pleco. I never seen the frogs or pleco eat, even though I've put in bloodworm gel and some cucumber slices. Anyway, I absolutely love my betta, and one day I hope to have a small business that sells bettas in actual tanks and when you buy the betta you get the tank, a heater, a filter, an aquarium plant, the gravel... the whole works.

A little bit more about me, I'm a second year student at a University study eco& evo, with hopes of throwing in an econ major as well. Are there any fellow betta/bristlenose/african dwarf frog lovers out there?

Welcome to AA a great place!!! I got albino bristlenose too ^_^

Welcome! And great idea about the Betta tanks, cause I literally just thought the same thing myself this afternoon! People don't buy those horrible little Betta bowls because they feel like torturing and killing fish, they just think because the store sells them they must be ok! If they saw them displayed in pretty 5-10g tanks with plants etc, people would buy those! I hope you do it!

And here is my pretty crowntail!

image-1774233068.jpg

Attachments

• image-3234317217.jpg
    image-3234317217.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 117
VioletEmber, your fish is so cute! I'll take a picture of mine soon. I don't think he's full crowntail, but he's close. It should be illegal for petstores to sell tanks under a gallon. :| When I walk into any petstore and they're selling bettas in the tiny little jars I just want to save all of them!

Here's some pictures of Phin (my betta)!

20seru9.jpg

358dl4w.jpg

374803_10150711490258849_744108848_12417837_1937794502_n.jpg

And here Phin is finally discovering there's a pleco in the tank with him. Te he!

Back
Top Bottom