New here! Plz help me pick fish! 30liter tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oo yeah! I like that idea, thankyou!
Are Shrimp hard to look after? They are so cute!!
Shrimp are relatively easy to keep. Keep pH at a level of 6-7.6 and you'll be golden. Make sure the tank is planted. This should only cost little if you or with cheap plants. Make sure you get a Heap of java moss, it's great and will keep your shrimp breeding. Don't use fertz in a shrimp tank because it will kill everything shrimpy
?

I suggest a school of CPD (celestial pearl danios) or whatever kind of danios you can get. They make a great addition to a longer tank. If you are looking for cheap schoolers go for the Neon tetras. You could probably keep about 12 in that size. To start off a shrimp colony go for about ten and see if you can get one with eggs ( make sure you ask for that) it may cost more but it will jumpstart your colony.

P.S sorry for long text
?

P.P.S hopefully it all works out

Shrimp are relatively easy to keep. Keep pH at a level of 6-7.6 and you'll be golden. Make sure the tank is planted. This should only cost little if you or with cheap plants. Make sure you get a Heap of java moss, it's great and will keep your shrimp breeding. Don't use fertz in a shrimp tank because it will kill everything shrimpy
?

I suggest a school of CPD (celestial pearl danios) or whatever kind of danios you can get. They make a great addition to a longer tank. If you are looking for cheap schoolers go for the Neon tetras. You could probably keep about 12 in that size. To start off a shrimp colony go for about ten and see if you can get one with eggs ( make sure you ask for that) it may cost more but it will jumpstart your colony.

P.S sorry for long text
?

P.P.S hopefully it all works out
Thanks! Eee exciting :D

30 Liter tank is almost 8 Gallons.

You can look for nano fish, fish which are especially small and better for a nano sized tank.

Like Boraras Briggitae aka Chili Rasbora, there are others which look very similar, many people can't tell the difference at first. Some of their common names are Phoenix, Strawberry, Exclamation Point, Dwarf, Red, Micro...Rasbora

Which boraras do you really have? A pictorial guide to the most common species - Invertebrates by Msjinkzd

here is a video of the Chilis with info

I have been successful in keeping these tiny fish with shrimp and the shrimp continue to produce babies. Also with Boraras Merah (Phoenix). Some fish are avid hunters like CPD and their main source of foods is teensy things like baby shrimp, and you would need larger, to adult shrimp and not expect too many babies, though it can happen.

Delapool is located right around your geographic area.

You can look for nano fish, fish which are especially small and better for a nano sized tank.

Like Boraras Briggitae aka Chili Rasbora, there are others which look very similar, many people can't tell the difference at first. Some of their common names are Phoenix, Strawberry, Exclamation Point, Dwarf, Red, Micro...Rasbora

Which boraras do you really have? A pictorial guide to the most common species - Invertebrates by Msjinkzd

I have been successful in keeping these tiny fish with shrimp and the shrimp continue to produce babies. Also with Boraras Merah (Phoenix). Some fish are avid hunters like CPD and their main source of foods is teensy things like baby shrimp, and you would need larger, to adult shrimp and not expect too many babies, though it can happen.

They look like lovely little fish! Very cute! I will be sure to have a look at them :)

Im not sure what delapool is though, sorry?

Cant watch that video at the moment because I'm at work, will watcb tonight. I really love that ladies youtube though, she makes great videos!

The tank im getting has a built in filter with the intake being a clear tube going down and with a sieve style end on it. What would i need to do to shrimp proof that end? Maybe just chop a qube of black filter sponge and use that instead of the sieve end on the pipe? Hmm1490237972627.jpg

The tank im getting has a built in filter with the intake being a clear tube going down and with a sieve style end on it. What would i need to do to shrimp proof that end? Maybe just chop a qube of black filter sponge and use that instead of the sieve end on the pipe? HmmView attachment 296610
And no, im not getting the tank with all that stuff in it. Thats just the tank out on show ?

Delapool is a member and community moderator here at Aquarium Advice. Lives in your area.

Rachel O'leary is a wealth of knowledge regarding nano fish. I will be able to see her in person at a convention in around 5 weeks and will be sooooo excited for that opportunity.

In regards to the tank, it looks sharp. I am not familiar with the brand and can't quite read the name in the pic.

What is it called?

Generally the intake tube for water to the filter can be fit with a prefilter, either sponge or stainless steel variety are made, or you have creative options for DIY like, knee hi panty hose or a enveloping piece of bulk filter pad or tulle.

Good observation to need to cover it, as shrimplets will get sucked right up!

Oh my i am so jelly! Lucky you! I reckon i have watched all her videos in the past couple days haha good old youtube binge[emoji14]
Tag says Aqua Care E380 30lt. I think its by AllPet.

Went to the shop yesterday to pay some of my tank layby.

Had a look at some fish while i was there. Still not definite on what im putting in my tank but the Balloon Blue Rams were SO CUTE!!!
Does anyone have some of these? What are they like to keep?
Would my tank be too small (30ltr) for a pair?

Went to the shop yesterday to pay some of my tank layby.

Had a look at some fish while i was there. Still not definite on what im putting in my tank but the Balloon Blue Rams were SO CUTE!!!
Does anyone have some of these? What are they like to keep?
Would my tank be too small (30ltr) for a pair?

Yes so many cute fish. Balloon Rams, your tank in gallons is only near 8G and far too small, more like 130L. Or 30 gallons. Softer and warmer, very stable water parameters and really clean water and may become aggressive to other fish if you have a pair and they start breeding, to protect their territory and babies.

Ive been looking a little bit at different plants.

seems that in Australia we dont get the cute little moss balls? :( i see them alot in shrimp tanks a betta tank videos on youtube - i think theyre American.

******, Australia!! Why cant we have cool stuff ahha
As well as these cute little fresh water crabs..

Ive been looking a little bit at different plants.

seems that in Australia we dont get the cute little moss balls? :( i see them alot in shrimp tanks a betta tank videos on youtube - i think theyre American.

******, Australia!! Why cant we have cool stuff ahha
As well as these cute little fresh water crabs..
Bert an Aussie I think...ask him

Importing plants to Austrailia is difficult I have been told. Lots of hoops to jump through for vendors to send individually and so many will not ship or can not to Aus. very strict rules for critters and plants too.

Back
Top Bottom