New hobby seems more like an addiction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gjw9

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I took the plunge abut 6 weeks ago and bought a 75g tank with stand, hood, and filter I found in paper. I found a great lfs thats been run by a couple for 30 years here in Phoenix, and Jayne has been great with all my questions, as have you guys since I found this site. So everyday for the past six weeks I have been tinkering with the tank, adding fish when I can, and thinking of the next fish I am going to add to the community. I even found myself thinking about buying another tank to put ciclids in, but I think I'll wait until I have this one finished first.

I also have two dogs and two cats both of whom like to sit on my desk and look and the fish and think longingly about sushi for dinner. My border collie looks at the tank and starts growling at the fish because I think she wants to herd them. My beagle couldn't care less. That's it from me for now, again thanks to everyone who has helped me out.

gjw9....

Welcome to Aquarium Advice!!! Glad to have you with us. I see that MTS is already starting to set in with you! :D

Welcome to the addiction. Uh I mean hobby. You will know your are really addicted when you have 18 tanks running another dozen or more in storage just in case. A aquatic website, and you are a member of your local aquarium so you can visit anytime you want even though it is two hours away in my case.
You got to start somewhere I know I started with a single 10 gallon. With a 75 to start with you will pass me up in no time. :lol:

I only have 6 tanks right now (there's no more outlets in my place :(). It is addicting, but SO fun!

[center:3ee8968a05] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, gjw9!! :n00b: [/center:3ee8968a05]

Welcome to Aquarium Advice gjw9.

Right now I have 5 tanks running and they range from 5 to 180 gallons.
MTS??
I think so...LOL

hey fish doc. what tanks do you have in storage :). im thinking about getting a quarentine tank soon so i might just like get it new if i cant find one. just a lil more thenm the 5 gallon starter set :)

krap101 said:
hey fish doc. what tanks do you have in storage

I have my 225 gal in storage and the rest are all 20 gal longs.
I will build a nice rack system for all the 20s when we move and I dont want to set the big one up and have to move it later.

Back
Top Bottom