Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

will do might put one on as the tank stands now , you could use the 29 gallon as a cichlid breeding tank lol

Old 03-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I would LOVE to breed my electric blue johanni and my red zebras. In fact I need to buy a few more females of each pretty soon, afraid they are gonna chase their mates to death. Most of mine are still juveniles but the zebras I think are ready for mating!

Sure, post your setup pics, its always cool to see the before and after. I look back at my old posts to see what I had going on at the time.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

just been looking at your tank pics nice cichlid set up but i think your right bigger bigger lmao , best get my phone out and start snapping away . Have you got male and female in their now
Old 03-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I was really dumb about all this last year so when I started stocking I picked out the wrong fish and got male/female pairs. I now know that I need multiple females. lol

I am re-homing my 2 giraffes and probably 2 of my four red empresses. Maybe all 4 not sure yet. I've got a few cool fish like my zebra obliques (2 males). I have a cichlid farm about an hour from my house all first and second generation fish.

I'm constantly snapping pictures on my phone. Wish the fish would sit still for like 5 seconds..
Old 03-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

My two favorite fish. Electric Blue Johanni and the zebra oblique.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	31205   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	31206  

Old 03-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

lol the little blighter never sit still , your lucky to have that cichlid farm so close to you i will post my fish list tomorrow so you see what you think of it its all male sounds like you need this 120 tank quite fast then lol to rehome your 2 giraffes and red empresses which are both on my list , nice pics by the way
Old 03-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks. Will be watching for your pictures!

The empress' are beautiful, the two males are just now starting to color up. Why I might consider keeping some of them.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I dont blame you carnt get them for love nore money here lol
Old 03-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Have you looked at the regional forums? We have many members in Britain and the isles. Perhaps there are some ways to get the fish you long for. I can't imagine not being able to have something that's quite common here. I think I paid $8US for each of my empress'
Old 03-16-2011, 02:26 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

No not yet will have a look though now thanks for the advice on that will let you know the price if and when i find one more when as the empress is one of my favs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com