New In Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidpaul

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi Everyone

I have just started a new malawi tank up after a break of 10 years now i have more time on my hands lol , im sure i will learn a few things from here and will be happy to help anyone if i can . At the moment i just have to be patient as im doing a fishless cycle nail biting time

cichlidpaul said:
Hi Everyone

I have just started a new malawi tank up after a break of 10 years now i have more time on my hands lol , im sure i will learn a few things from here and will be happy to help anyone if i can . At the moment i just have to be patient as im doing a fishless cycle nail biting time

Welcome to the forum. Ton of great information here. I also have a malawi tank. :)

Thanks neilanh

your right never done it befor but it has to be the only way now as no fish get harmed and thanks for the links

Hi Carey
Thanks again lake malawi cichlids have to be one of the best fish to keep i think just for the entertainment value

I've got about 22 right now, mostly mbuna but a few haps. I'm currently on the search for a 120 gallon to upgrade too. I just love watching them, they are always doing something. lol. I used to keep new worlds about 10 years ago but these africans are much better for me.

Im going for more haps i think but im struggling to get the ones i want lol as their hard to get in England just my luck , im thinking now that i want a bigger tank and my 5 foot 120 gallon is not even full running yet lol

I have the tank sickness bad too. I want the 120 for the cichlids, then I can move my sw to the 55. Course then Ill have a 29 gallon and 10 gallon to play with.

I'd forgotten how much fun fish can be.

Good luck in your search, keep us posted with pics if you can. i love pictures :)

I would LOVE to breed my electric blue johanni and my red zebras. In fact I need to buy a few more females of each pretty soon, afraid they are gonna chase their mates to death. Most of mine are still juveniles but the zebras I think are ready for mating!

Sure, post your setup pics, its always cool to see the before and after. I look back at my old posts to see what I had going on at the time.

just been looking at your tank pics nice cichlid set up but i think your right bigger bigger lmao , best get my phone out and start snapping away . Have you got male and female in their now

I was really dumb about all this last year so when I started stocking I picked out the wrong fish and got male/female pairs. I now know that I need multiple females. lol

I am re-homing my 2 giraffes and probably 2 of my four red empresses. Maybe all 4 not sure yet. I've got a few cool fish like my zebra obliques (2 males). I have a cichlid farm about an hour from my house all first and second generation fish.

I'm constantly snapping pictures on my phone. Wish the fish would sit still for like 5 seconds..

My two favorite fish. Electric Blue Johanni and the zebra oblique.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 69
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 65
lol the little blighter never sit still , your lucky to have that cichlid farm so close to you i will post my fish list tomorrow so you see what you think of it its all male sounds like you need this 120 tank quite fast then lol to rehome your 2 giraffes and red empresses which are both on my list , nice pics by the way

Thanks. Will be watching for your pictures!

The empress' are beautiful, the two males are just now starting to color up. Why I might consider keeping some of them.

Have you looked at the regional forums? We have many members in Britain and the isles. Perhaps there are some ways to get the fish you long for. I can't imagine not being able to have something that's quite common here. I think I paid $8US for each of my empress'

No not yet will have a look though now thanks for the advice on that will let you know the price if and when i find one more when as the empress is one of my favs

Back
Top Bottom