New in PA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhutchinson81

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All:)

I am a re-intro to saltwater. I have a 75 gallon tank that has been up 1 week. i added live rock and Chromis last week. I also added the bacteria in a bottle that claimed to cycle the tank in 24 hours. My ammonia is still high (.5 ppm) and I was wondering how long I should expect it to remain before it converts to Nitrite and again how long I should expect those levels to remain before they convert to Nitrates. Does anyone know how long and how high these levels will get? I lost 2 Chromis last week. I have 4 more and they seem okay, no signs of distress. Just wondering how high, high is and how long it will be...

Thanks!

Straight up, that bottle stuff doesn't work. Basically, you are doing a fish in cycle right now. Time may vary, it always depends on how you are cycling, how much lr and sand...so on.

Thanks for the reply

How will I know when it's over and I can add fish if the test kits don't work??? The nitrites and nitrates are higher now so it may be that the ammonia is working it's way down...

Back
Top Bottom