New in the nieghborhood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dunn782

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello to all. I'm getting back ingo the aquarium hobby after about a 25 year hiatus. I had saltwater aquariums back then but things sure are different now. I got back in by accident really. A close family friend passed away and his wife asked me us to take the tank. I think she was afraid she'd kill it. Its a small 26 or 28 gallon bow front. It's actually a real nice reef tank with a few fish some crabs a couple cleaner shrimp and a dwarf angle. I got it move, thanks in good part to the knowledge from this site, thank you very much. Everything seems to be doing well. I will definitely be looking here a lot as I have never cared for inverts before this so the whole coral thing (tree and mushroom) is still making me nervous. Mostly the feeding aspect I think and how they behave. Every time they change appearance I'm worried they are dieing. All I know for sure is this little tank has given me the bug again, took like 2 seconds. I have already been perusing for a much bigger used tank. By the way I have a 50 long in the basement that hasn't had water in it for over 25 years, think it would still hold water? That might keep me busy till I find a bigger one.

Back
Top Bottom