New in Wisconsin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bazil323

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey, new to the forum. I'm also a member at www.aquariacentral.com, www.thepufferforum.com, and www.plecofanatics.com.

I started out with bettas and then moved to Figure 8 puffers. I now have 4 tanks at home (not including the 75g) and one at work.

At work I have a 2.5g betta tank.
At home I have a 75g tank in planning. Just waiting until I can add my fishes! I pretty much know what I want, but I'm waiting on a little more advice about my choices.

I have a 16g tank with two L387 plecs and dozens of malaysian trumpet snails. Everything from this tank will be added to the 75 gallon tank, except for gravel.

20g: Cherry shrimp, pond snails, and common ramshorns. This is my breeding tank for puffer food. But I also enjoy watching the snails and shrimp.

44g: Figure 8 puffer, 4 female mollies, and 8 bumblebee gobies. The mollies were all prego from the lfs, so I've also got a ton of tiny fry swimming about.

75g: Community in planning. This will be new territory for me, pretty much completely. It will be the first tank with a sand substrate. It will also be the first time I use a canister filter. And most of the fish are ones I've never kept before. I posted in the cichlid forum for advice about the cichlids I want to keep, kribs, angel, and Bolivian ram. Anyway, I'm really excited about it, and I can't wait!

I'm so excited! It's hubby & my anniversary on the 6th, and I think he's getting me something fish related. We decided to go a bit low-key this year (2nd) and spend less than $100 each. I think I might finally get the stand I need for the 75g. We're going cheap-o on it and probably getting either a used one or a piece of used furniture like a dresser for it.

Either way, I think I get to go to the nicer lfs that I never get to go to. Yay!

My brother lives about an hour (I think) from Madison. He's in Fond du Lac.

I'll post some pics once I finally upload some. I'm such a procrastinator. I've got some good ones of my L387s and my F8. I'm still trying to figure out how to get my camera to focus on my cherry shrimp. Once my bettas fins look a little better (filter and/or plastic plants shredded them), I'll try to get a good pic of him too. He has great color.

Back
Top Bottom