New(ish) to Fish keeping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mecha Ghidrah

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Joined here a few weeks ago and decided to finally post my introduction thread with my setup. I have a nice little ten Gallon with 3 male guppies, 2 cories, and 2 blue gouramis as well as some anachris which has grown huge. I am going to give the larger Gourami to a friend with a 55 gallon tank which is a hard decision as he is filled with personality and is absolutely stunning but I want the best for both fish and I don't want to kill the little one who is getting bullied by transferring him to a new tank.

Once the little one gets a bit bigger I will find a new home for him. In the mean time I am going to move the smaller Anachris into the light a bit more and trim the bigger ones. I believe joining AA will help me get through any tough patches in the hobby and keep me from making mistakes like putting 2 crayfish in a peaceful tank.

In the future I hope to get a 55 brackish tank as I find many of the fish that are brackish to be as intriguing as marine fish but with less stress involved in keeping them.

Welcome to AA! I have a brackish 3 gallon with only shrimp. What kind of fish do you plan on putting in your tank?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I plan on keeping a "Freshwater" moray eel, a Dragon Goby, some Mollies, and Thai crabs to help clean up. What kind of a shrimp do you keep?

I have opae ula shrimp. I dont think I can put anything else in there for now. I did find some brackish water wild guppies and mollusks. But I didn't want to take them

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom