New kid in town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reeffrog

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everybody! I am a long time fish keeper but new to forum communities. It's always great to meet other people in love with the hobby.
Growing up, I always had freshwater tanks and/or terrariums. After joining the working class, I started a 55gal saltwater reef tank & a 1200gal koi pond. Unfortunately due to lack of funds with 2 small children, I was forced to shut down my reef tank a couple years ago. I still have my pond but suffered a total loss this summer when my pump died while on vacation. I just started a 38gal freshwater tank about a month ago. I plan on using it to fattening baby koi through the winter. It want to do a community tank in the spring after transferring the koi to the pond. Not quite sure on what species yet.

Attachments

• image-803525128.jpg
    image-803525128.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 53
  • image-1891162400.jpg
    image-1891162400.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 47
Big warm welcome to Aa reef. Is that pond 1200gallons? Must just be the picture making it look smaller. Keeping koi fry inside for the winter is a good idea. Wont be able to keep many in a 38 though unfortunatly

Back
Top Bottom