New kids on the block

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salty817

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, new fish friends. My best friend and I have five salt set ups and two freshwater. We started with a ten gallon freshwater that houses a peacock eel, a knife fish, a placostamus (sp), an upside down catfish, and three green glow tetras. The only thing we've lost in that tank is a dragon fish. We haven't had as much luck with our next tank which is a 90 gallon reef tank. Right now we have a sail fin tang, a scopas tang, a coral beauty angel, a luna wrasse, a fox face, a blue spotted goby, three emerald crabs, two condi anemones, a big spider crab, several starfish, various corals, and a new dog face puffer who shouldn't be in there killing our expensive inverts! We have a 20 gallon with a black clown, a maroon clown, and an anemone, a 55 with a wolf eel and two unidentified morays, and a 12 gal with a baby snowflake and a juvi yellow head. The other freshwater is a 55 gallon housing a beautiful oscar. She has a 10 gal for her goldfish that I forgot to count.
You'll have to ask for specifics about the technical stuff, bc I'll have to ask him. I don't even know enough to know what's important to know! :)

Welcome! Sounds like you really love fish and this is a great place to learn and help others! Just skimming through your post, I feel as if you might be overstocked in some of your aquariums, or you will be once your fish get full sized. (other knowledgeable people feel free to correct me or expand).
Another small thing is you mentioned having 3 green glow tetras. Tetras are schooling fish by nature and keeping them in groups of less than 6 is hard on them, even in a community tank.
Can't say I know anything about saltwater tanks though! I've never owned one :) Hope you enjoy the community here. I have really liked how encouraging, yet honest people are here.

Back
Top Bottom