new marine tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jparcell

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello everyone:p
I started a new marine tank in Dec. 08. It has been doing very well so far. I have had freshwater tanks for a long time and decided it was time for saltwater. I really had no idea how much more work it was going to be but it is soooo much cooler! I am constantly checking it out and messing with it. My fiance doesn't really understand the high cost but she does like the tank. I have had pretty good luck so far with it. The only thing I've lost so far is a carpet annemone:confused:. I was bummed to loose him and so was my clown that really liked him. I'm still not sure what happened to it but I wonder if it's my lights. I just made a 15g sump and installed an overflow box. I really enjoy the tank and love how everyone stops to check it out, that never happened with freshwater! This is my first forum and hope to get some good advice from those of you that really know your stuff;). I've read alot on the internet and I know there is a lot of good advice out there:D

Thanks!
I have a 75g tank with 2 blue devils,2 zebra damsels, 2 clowns, 3 hermit crabs, 1 urchant, 1 emerald crab and 1 anemone. I can't hardly wait to start more corals but I know I have to wait some more. I'm really not sure about my lights though. I have 4 hot5s (2 daylight and 2 acentic) that are 10,000k each. I would really like to avoid the mh if possible. I have also just added a ho18,000k power glo bulb to help add more light

Back
Top Bottom