The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angela417

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everybody. Brand new to site. I have had a 29 gal. freshwater tank for about 3 years. Recently, my brother asked if he could use my tank to store his marine rocks and fish while he moves. I said yes because I know how expensive that stuff is, but now I'm a little nervous.

I know nothing about marine aquariums. So I'm sure I will be asking lots of questions.

By the way, my brother bought me a 5 gal. aquarium kit for my fish, I didn't get rid of them.

Thanks in advance,
Angela

Welcome to AA!

How long will he be storing his animals in your tank? Let us know how far of a move and what kind of animals he has in the tank so we can better judge what would be best for you. A lot of people on here have had lots of success (and none) moving tanks, so they'll be able to give you the best advice.

Welcome! Just keep in mind that the bacteria for SW and FW are different, and you can't just change the water and leave your filters running, you will have to switch the filtration over to your 5g and put his on your 29 (and move your substrate too). You probably want to empty the 29 and wipe down with vinegar and rinse well before the transfer. You may have known that already but I thought it was worth mentioning. Very nice of you to help out!

welcometoaa.gif

Back
Top Bottom