The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonesjc28217

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good evening to all,

Wanted to finally get started and say hello to everyone. I have always loved animals and decided to rekindle my childhood love of fish because my building code in The Bronx doesn't allow dogs.

Just started a new tank and conditioned the water about 4 hours ago. Picture is below.
image-688634793.jpg
I am going to get a betta soon and will keep you guys posted on my progress with my rekindled hobby.

J

I would like to also introduce a new member of my family, the half moon Betta, Ro'!!!

Attachments

• image-3486518175.jpg
    image-3486518175.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 87
  • image-2522702651.jpg
    image-2522702651.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 81
  • image-3316534909.jpg
    image-3316534909.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 85
  • image-1933433392.jpg
    image-1933433392.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 77
  • image-4210997277.jpg
    image-4210997277.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 79
  • image-2203765339.jpg
    image-2203765339.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 68
  • image-3290478915.jpg
    image-3290478915.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 73
:welcome:
Welcome to AA!! We are glad to have you!​

Great pics, and thanks for sharing!

Thanks for welcoming me and Ro' thanks you for the compliments. Lol

Still learning how to use the forum from my iPhone. Should be a pro on posting soon ;-)

J

Awesome betta. We have a thread called "Betta Showcase" and you should definitely put a picture of Ro' up there for people to see!
Welcome to the forum!

absolutangel04 said:
Awesome betta. We have a thread called "Betta Showcase" and you should definitely put a picture of Ro' up there for people to see!
Welcome to the forum!

Thanks... Will do

Side note... If all goes well, within the next
month or two, I will start the process of starting either a 10 or 20 gallon tank.

Decisions... Decisions!!!!

J

bruinsbro1997 said:
:welcome: to AA! :)

Just a quick question...did you cycle the tank beforehand? Just curious :)

Thanks for welcoming me.

Regarding the the tank that Ro' is in, I did not cycle the tank like I would have for other fish. What I did do was use Betta water conditioner (almost 48 hours before Ro' was introduced) and also used a hint of stress coat when Ro' was introduced to his personal tank.

He will have a gallon and a half or two gallon water change per week.

With a normal tank that includes a filter and much more, I would have completed a full fishless cycle with ammonia. Have not done it in years but I bet I could remember quickly.

J

melosu58 said:
Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA. :welcome:

Thanks so much... Happy to be here. So far everything is awesome and it's kind of addicting with the push alerts on the iPhone. (*_*)

J

how big is the tank? he needs at least a 5 gallon heated and filtered tank. and in regards to you not cycling,i hope you like PWCs

oh! and welcome to AA

alLexX said:
how big is the tank? he needs at least a 5 gallon heated and filtered tank. and in regards to you not cycling,i hope you like PWCs

oh! and welcome to AA

Thanks for your message and suggestions.

PWCs are very common with any fish i have had. Tank is a five but filled to about four and a quarter since it doesn't have a lid. It's a
Modded chi. And there is a heater.

J

Thanks for your message and suggestions.

PWCs are very common with any fish i have had. Tank is a five but filled to about four and a quarter since it doesn't have a lid. It's a
Modded chi. And there is a heater.

J
since its not cycled yorur looking at large,daily water changes and constant testing. and extra water changes when the ammo/nitrite/nitrate get too high. i thought fluval chi's had filters built in,you need one for any fish,if it doesnt work or there isnt one i suggest getting a small internal/HOB filter

alLexX said:
since its not cycled yorur looking at large,daily water changes and constant testing. and extra water changes when the ammo/nitrite/nitrate get too high. i thought fluval chi's had filters built in,you need one for any fish,if it doesnt work or there isnt one i suggest getting a small internal/HOB filter

In response to your inquiry, thats the reason I started modding the tank. ^_^ Once I find a HOB I like, I'll make sure to take a pic and show it to you.

J

Back
Top Bottom