The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daxhua

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hola everyone,

I've always loved animals and before moving to Dallas I had cats, dogs, birds, snakes, lizards, and of course fish. Now that I live in an apt I've decided to just go with fish. Been an aquarium hobbiest since I recieved a fish bowl with two gold fish for my sixth birthday and I just took off from there. Having said that I still consider myself a novice and thats why I decided to join the AA community. I currently have a 55 gallon fresh water community corner aquarium with two large bala sharks, four pictus catfish, five red eye tetras, and sadly fake plants:nono:. Haven't added any more fish b/c my bala sharks are very active requiring a lot of room to swim. They are LARGE and IN CHARGE.
I recently purchased a 100 gallon and I'm working on setting it up with live plants(y). I'm really looking foward to getting some advice from everyone so i can get this 100 gallon up and going.

welcome ^^ if you are getting a 100 gallon i would suggest adding a sump tank so you can add plants that won't be bothered by your fishies :p it is a great place to store extra bio-media so you won't kill your bacteria population when you do a clean -.^

Thanks for welcome,
I was looking into using a sump tank at first but I have no previous expierience with them and they seem to get a little complicated with the plumbing and a little pricey.

Welcome to the site!
I suggest you use the search feature on this site and research balas a bit. They have special needs in terms of space and tankmates.
Congrats on your new tank!

Back
Top Bottom