new member~ :))

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hunting for Red October

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi everyone, the name is janina, born and living in San Francisco Cali, raised in Beijing china. been keeping all kinds of fish my whole life but stopped after graduating high school. so for 6years now no fish whatsoever.. only recently I've rekindled my passion for tropical fish and splurged on discus. probably not the best of ideas..
looking forward to share experience, discoveries and learn from everyone!
happy fishing
xoxo

Beijing China ey? Very very cool.

Welcome aboard! You will find this site has a large knowledge-base, with tons of knowledgeable people very much willing to help, should you ever need to ask a question.

Hope to see you around. ;)

yep Beijing :)) thank goodness for international school.
thanks much for the welcome! I'll def be around - ive been plagued by an unknown plague in my new discus tank. see the tank (20g) is old, been sitting with only plants (java fern) for a couple weeks before I added discus last week. water quality all good, temperature at 82. I even added beneficial bacteria to cut ammonia completely.. but they both got really sick. I dropped in a couple parasitic and fungal/bacterial tank buddies but one of them died yesterday. I dunno what I'm doing wrong. the other one developed ich so I cranked up the temp. still waiting for results.
so there - my dilemma

thanks zer0,
my one discus is actually better now! so that's what it took for me to realize what was wrong.. (I'm a bad mommy :( )
but anyways just relieved he's better and hope he can make a full recovery. fingers crossed
hope you figure out what's going on with yours
xoxo
jz

Back
Top Bottom