Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
New Member! :)

Hey! My name is Nikki. I currently have 5 tanks in my bedroom, 4 with fish in them.

I have a 10 gallon with 6 neon tetras, 3 harlequin rasboras, and 1 oto. I am planning on putting a male betta in here soon. I would upgrade mine but he flares at my platy fry so I think that would be a bad idea. I had a dwarf gourami in there but I gave him to my uncle who has 5 other gouramis.

I have another 10 gallon that has 3 guppies and 3 platys.

I have a 5 gallon that has my betta, 1 amazon sword, 1 anubis, 2 gold ribbons, and 1 moss ball. I have been told that the gold ribbons are not aquatic, but they seem to be doing great. If they start looking bad I will pull them out.

I have a 5 gallon with 1 pregnant platy and 11 of her fry born on January 3rd. She should drop sometime this week or next. She has been pregnant for 4 weeks now and I am very impatient.

I also have a 1.5 gallon that I use as a hospital tank. I will use the 5 that my fry are in once they are big enough to sell.

I am going to get a 55-75 gallon 4 foot tank and have goldfish as soon as a friend of mine buys my 10 gallon setups. I made a deal with my mom that I would get rid of 2 tanks and 16 fish to get 1 tank and 4-5 fish. I used to have 2 goldfish in a 10 gallon tank. I read that they can live to me 15 and always wondered why they died after a few months. I didn't read the part that said 2 fish need more room than 1 10 gallon tank. But I miss my goldfish and now I know better so I am going to try to do this right this time.

NikkiFro8994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Hi Nikki! Welcome to the community

George9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:24 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to Aquarium Advice, full of helpful and knowledgeable people.

Definitely remember that goldfish, as you have said, need lots of room. They are also among the top 10 dirtiest fish to keep, up there with plecos and the like.
"Nice skull decoration, it goes well with the neon colored gravel!" - user

Who say's that you can't have more than one tank? Just get one more... just one...
phoenixkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to Aquarium Advice!

Hmm, the pictures aren't showing up for me, is this happening with anyone else?
[CENTER]Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
Latest aquarium vlog:
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com