Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hi everyone. Names derek, I'm a new member. I live in Cali, and I'm in the air force. I have just recently got into saltwater aquariums. I've had mine for about 2 months. I have about 4 1/2 lbs of LR, a bag of LS I don't know how much it weights. 1 damsel fish "debbra" 1 fire angle "frank" 2 hermit crabs "thing1" & "thing2".
This is a 10 gal tank with a penguin 100 filter. Via aqua quarz heater. 100v-120v 50w heater. A regent top. Dont know the type of lamps. Looks like normal lamps jut a little elongated. The shop I get my stuff from suggested it.
I feed the fish "ocean nutrients formula 2flakes" and every few days a couple "new life spectrum 1mm sinking pellets" for hung 1&2.
I keep the tank withi g a couple deg of 80f an the salt wthin 1.0235-1.0225.
Oh and yesterday I found a new starfish in there. I thing its a Bri
Spiny brittle.

D.monson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello. I'm glad you started this hobby. I highly suggest doing a lot more research about SW tanks and fish profile. Before a purchase, do some serious research on your item of interest. Compare and contrast between similar fish or equipment. Make sure you are doing daily top offs.

Have a good day.
Kind Regards,
Terrance is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com