New Member!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaFan_616

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I'm Ephraim (pronounced "E-from" for people that don't know the spelling) and I live in Colorado. I joined this sight because I am just about ready to buy a fish tank and I joined to get some help and advice. I am hoping to get a 20 gallon tank and I want to have a community of female bettas. My dream is to one day breed my own bettas and create beautiful fish. Anyway, I really like the sight and I'm pretty sure all of you will be able to help me out with a lot. Thanks!

P.S. How many females can I have in a 20 gallon tank?

Welcome to AA!
First thing you need to do is learn about cycling.
Here is an article about it and proper tank maintinence.
Guide to Starting a Freshwater AquariumAquarium Advice
Keeping female betta sororities can be tricky. The best advise I can give you is to get young fish and to add them in groups. It's aslo best to have sisters from the same spawn as it cuts down on aggression issues. Provide them with plenty of hiding spots and tall plants to break the line of sight. 6+ females is recommended so aggression is spread around. In a 20g IMO 6-8 females with a group of bottom dwellers such as kuhli loaches or cory catfish would be ideal.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! And mumma.of.two, thanks for all of those tips. They're really gonna help me :)

Back
Top Bottom