Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Smile new member

hi, i have had my aquarium for about 5 weeks now, whilst on holiday in spain we lost 3 platy's, i don't know why but when we came back there was lots of algie that had thrived where there had been no light turned on but since then the fish shop did a sample and the tank was ready for new fish so last saturday my daughter picked out 5 guppy's 3 female &, 2 male the ph was high so i had to add some 7.2 buffer which i followed the insructions i thought to the letter but didn't mix it in enough before adding it seems as it turned the tank to snow, after settling i did a partial water change and most has gone now we now have two peal danio's two platy's and five guppy's and next my daughter wants neon tetra's x 6 which i plan on getting on saturday unless anyone thinks this may be to soon anyway nice to meet everybody

Old 09-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

to AA!
How long has it been set up?

Old 09-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA! What size tank is this? Hope you like the site so far!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to the AA family. What size tank do you have, have you cycled the tank.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hi
i have had the tank stocked 8 weeks and 2 days now, the tank is a 20 gallon tank.
when you say is it cycled it has done its initial fishy thing so all the peramiters are now as they should be the ph is also now correct, i do seem to have some problem with my plants they all have this brown spotty thing going on on there leaves don't know if anybody knows what this could be, yes i love the site and think its such a good idea that you can learn as you go and yes i love the tank what a brilliant hobby
Old 09-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok as in cycle. How long was the tank running before you added fish. If there doing good now that's great. Just keep testing and do your weekly water changes.

Fish-in Cycling: Step over into the dark side.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hi
i added the fish 8 weeks ago and the tank cycled about two weeks ago i had it tested when we came back from Spain.
our big handed farmer neighbour John had been feeding them for the 10 days we were away and i noticed that the danios had got a lot bigger and the pregnant platy which had her fry shortly after we got back but the fry had all disappeared by the morning

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com