The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alovelycuppa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi, i have had my aquarium for about 5 weeks now, whilst on holiday in spain we lost 3 platy's, i don't know why but when we came back there was lots of algie that had thrived where there had been no light turned on but since then the fish shop did a sample and the tank was ready for new fish so last saturday my daughter picked out 5 guppy's 3 female &, 2 male the ph was high so i had to add some 7.2 buffer which i followed the insructions i thought to the letter but didn't mix it in enough before adding it seems as it turned the tank to snow, after settling i did a partial water change and most has gone now we now have two peal danio's two platy's and five guppy's and next my daughter wants neon tetra's x 6 which i plan on getting on saturday unless anyone thinks this may be to soon anyway nice to meet everybody:fish1:

Hi
i have had the tank stocked 8 weeks and 2 days now, the tank is a 20 gallon tank.
when you say is it cycled it has done its initial fishy thing so all the peramiters are now as they should be the ph is also now correct, i do seem to have some problem with my plants they all have this brown spotty thing going on on there leaves don't know if anybody knows what this could be, yes i love the site and think its such a good idea that you can learn as you go and yes i love the tank what a brilliant hobby(y)

Hi
i added the fish 8 weeks ago and the tank cycled about two weeks ago i had it tested when we came back from Spain.
our big handed farmer neighbour John had been feeding them for the 10 days we were away and i noticed that the danios had got a lot bigger and the pregnant platy which had her fry shortly after we got back but the fry had all disappeared by the morning

Back
Top Bottom