The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miami_Fisherman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,

I'm a new member and thought I'd introduce myself. While I've been following AA for m&a while now, I finally got serious about my tank and decided to join. I'm exited to be here!

My tank details are as follows:
-16 gallon saltwater tank (Nuvo Aquarium nano 16)
-15-17 pounds of live rock (all came almost completely covered in coralline algae if you live in Manhattan, check out Manhattan Aquariums)
-live sand
- only 1 fish (clown goby)
-cleaner shrimp
-assorted hermits and snails
-ball of chaeto in display tank (no refugium)
-a few corals and a gorgonian (long story and all from a friend who moved)

I set the tank up about 4 months ago and everything seems to be running just fine. The last thing I want to do is order the Nuvo aquarium protein skimmer. I'm planning on maybe 1 more fish but really want things to settle down before then. Maybe in a couple of months

Wish me luck! This is my first saltwater tank after having a few freshwater tanks over the years

Attachments

• image-2183071095.jpg
    image-2183071095.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 61
  • image-832860497.jpg
    image-832860497.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 79
Welcome to AA :) and I agree GREAT scape work! And amazing clown goby too! What morph is that?

Mrc8858 said:
Welcome to AA :) and I agree GREAT scape work! And amazing clown goby too! What morph is that?

Looks like a pale colored ( maybe from the lighting) Gobiodon citrinus. I only know that because I used to have one Haha ;)

Yep. Dead on. He's a citrinus goby. I ended up buying him at a Petsmart. They were unloading fish into a tank riddled with ich and he was about to go in. I couldn't let it happen!

Thanks for the compliments on the rock work! My lfs has really nicely shaped live rock full of holes, cracks and a healthy amount of flat surfaces. It was actually very clean too but was pretty expensive.

Back
Top Bottom