The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dodiddly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all. Just Joined the site and I''ll have a good look around at my leisure. Although new to the site I'm no stranger to keeping water and some of the beasties that live in it.

In the past I've kept a reef set up, freshwater community, angel setup in a heavily planted tank. This incarnation I've just set up a 260l freshwater I intend as a community. The centrepiece fish will be my current angel and the rest I haven't quite decided on.

I''ve also decided to forego live plants and I'm experimenting with silk plants. I would be interested to hear what folk think.

Anyhoo you always learn something new so I'll be taking advice when it comes and offering when I can

Sent from my HTC One X using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1390157013938.jpg
    1390157013938.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 55
Hello all. Just Joined the site and I''ll have a good look around at my leisure. Although new to the site I'm no stranger to keeping water and some of the beasties that live in it.

In the past I've kept a reef set up, freshwater community, angel setup in a heavily planted tank. This incarnation I've just set up a 260l freshwater I intend as a community. The centrepiece fish will be my current angel and the rest I haven't quite decided on.

I''ve also decided to forego live plants and I'm experimenting with silk plants. I would be interested to hear what folk think.

Anyhoo you always learn something new so I'll be taking advice when it comes and offering when I can

Sent from my HTC One X using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welcome! The problem I find with silk plants is that since there are no plants competing for resources with algae, algae will grow on the silk. And it's very difficult to rinse it off.

Welcome to AA! :)

I've never really used silk plants so I can't comment there, but I will say that it looks like a great start.

Welcome! The problem I find with silk plants is that since there are no plants competing for resources with algae, algae will grow on the silk. And it's very difficult to rinse it off.

Yes algae is a consideration. I intend to remove the plants periodically and rinse them off and if needed a scrub with a toothbrush. I'll wait and see how the tank matures, like I say I''ve not used them before so things may change ;)

Back
Top Bottom