The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

libbeh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
20150807_181831_zpsu9dhgwrl.jpg.html
Hello, I'm a new member who actually would appreciate some advice (I'll do the intro first). I've always loved aquariums and aquatic pets. Not only did I almost always have aquariums, I also used to go play with/catch bugs for, my godparents pond fish. By play with, I mean play catch with a large mouth bass named Chumley. I recently got back into keeping aquariums. As of right now I have a 15 gallon tank, two 10s, and a 55.
The advice that I'm seeking is about my 55 gallon. I noticed a chip in the corner glass, and I was wondering if anyone thinks I should keep the tank, or if the chip looks bad enough that I should just get a whole new tank. Right now all of my aquatic life, minus some plants, are in the 10s until I figure out if I should get a new tank. Any advice is welcome! Thanks!

20150807_181831_zpsu9dhgwrl.jpg.html
Hello, I'm a new member who actually would appreciate some advice (I'll do the intro first). I've always loved aquariums and aquatic pets. Not only did I almost always have aquariums, I also used to go play with/catch bugs for, my godparents pond fish. By play with, I mean play catch with a large mouth bass named Chumley. I recently got back into keeping aquariums. As of right now I have a 15 gallon tank, two 10s, and a 55.

The advice that I'm seeking is about my 55 gallon. I noticed a chip in the corner glass, and I was wondering if anyone thinks I should keep the tank, or if the chip looks bad enough that I should just get a whole new tank. Right now all of my aquatic life, minus some plants, are in the 10s until I figure out if I should get a new tank. Any advice is welcome! Thanks!

Hi, welcome to AA :)

Unfortunately I have a broken link for the pic on the iPhone. That said if the chip is something nice, neat and concave plus near tank top then a better chance of no problems.

But what the heck - I think you should get a replacement. Something larger, maybe a twin set..

Back
Top Bottom