The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BikerMike

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

I'm totally new to fish keeping so please excuse all the nube questions that are bound to come.
I've just got a new tank (30l Biorb) for my wife, but it looks like I'll be doing all the maintenance!

Hi All,

I'm totally new to fish keeping so please excuse all the nube questions that are bound to come.

I've just got a new tank (30l Biorb) for my wife, but it looks like I'll be doing all the maintenance!

Hi and welcome to AA

Interesting choice of tank. What are your plans with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails

Hi and welcome to AA

Interesting choice of tank. What are your plans with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My wife chose the tank, from a display in the local aquarium shop.
Unfortunately I only just found this site & we (partly) followed the advice of the shop guys, set up the tank & ran it for a week with no fish & then added a couple of WCMM & a small BN. But I did use the 'BioHome' upgrade kit.
the fish have been in for 5 days & we just had our first increase in ammonia & nitrites & did our first water change.
Why don't the shops tell you about fish-less cycling?

first of all welcome glad you found us ,

Why don't the shops tell you about fish-less cycling?

they just sold you a tank filter gravel ect now what would make it complete.(Fish)
a lot of times the person helping is a new hire not knowing the first thing about keeping fish ,
you would expect they be trained with at least the understanding of the nitrogen cycle ,

this link should help you with the full details of the nitrogen cycle , if you have other questions feel free to visit the fresh water section as there are some pretty knowledgeable people there .

Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

look forward to seeing you on the forum

Back
Top Bottom