The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonfyre

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Newbie, but not to fish, lol. I have, over the years, kept Goldfish, Guppies, Cichlids, Piranha, Oscars, Sharks and assorted little friends. Have just got back into the hobby though, thanks to my bosses who needed a new home for their 3 common Goldfish..and it's gone from there.

We have a 90 gallon and a 10 gallon (that previously housed the Goldfish and now houses 7 Glowlight Tetras.)
The 90 gallon has been a labour of love, and I have had a lot of fun putting it together. We bought the tank for only $50 which included the Aquaclear 110, gravel, air pump, and lots of goodies, and I then bought LED lights, the stand, and the pool filter sand, and the decorations. The plants are either plastic or silk, and they were from the Dollarama, which I then modified to go in the tank...after a thorough soaking and wait time, of course. Might eventually go with real plants, but I do NOT have a green thumb, so we'll see :p

It is home to 8 Tiger Barbs, 10 Bloodfin Tetras, and the 3 Goldfish, who will be moved on to an above-ground pond once they get past 5 inches.

It's only been running for a couple of months, but even my BF is now hooked on fish and wants to upgrade to a 125 or more!

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Howdy and please post some pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

First set up/leak test

Pool filter sand in and some of the plants added

More plants

Final product

It was an awesome score! The guy was only getting rid of it because the wife wanted it gone. I did have to buy the lights, plants, stand, and sand, but I just shopped around. I think, even including the fish, the whole set up has cost us $400cad in total.

Looking nice :) You should put that last one in the POTM contest on looking green! (if you need a hand just let me know).

Thanks!
I will definitely look into that, Delapool,sounds like fun. Do they only do that contest for St. Patrick's Day?
Does anyone else have trouble NOT fiddling with their tanks? I keep looking at it and think "Now, if I move that plant....oh maybe I'll shift the bubbler over an inch....do I like that plant there...." Lol.

Most everyone, once they aren't worrying about trying to keep their tankmates alive, spend a decent amount of time messing around with it. Especially if you have live plants.

Lol, true, true. My BF keeps telling me to leave the tank alone, but I can't help looking for floating fur, or cloudy water, or counting and recounting each school to make sure everyone's good. And, because it was a second hand tank, I'm constantly checking for soundness.
It's been at least 15 years since I left behind my old tanks with my ex husband, and this is the biggest tabk I've ever owned, so maybe I'm just extra paranoid, lol.

Thanks!
I will definitely look into that, Delapool,sounds like fun. Do they only do that contest for St. Patrick's Day?
Does anyone else have trouble NOT fiddling with their tanks? I keep looking at it and think "Now, if I move that plant....oh maybe I'll shift the bubbler over an inch....do I like that plant there...." Lol.

It's a different theme each month.

Just go to Community Forum -> Contests -> October POTM thread and post (your photo image link should work fine, else let us know and I can get it up).

Always changing something in my tank :( Too easy to fiddle with planted tanks :)

Back
Top Bottom