The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m1k3ypo0

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

Just set up my first tank for my 2 year old and thought it be a good idea to be part of a forum that could help me with any bumps along the way.

I have already read quite a few posts on the forum and love the community vibe that I can see.

Thanks for having me on here :)

Excellent to have you. I have a 3 almost 4yo grandson and he helps with pwc and fish feeding, and has for a couple years. Lots of excitement for the helping.

Like checking the temperature of the water (with help) - adding preportioned amount of Prime water conditioner to the bucket or gallon pitcher. Putting the towel on the floor for spills. Wiping the glass with a micro fiber towel. And he loves the algae class cleaning magnet. We do have to be a little careful with that job some days work better than others.

Asking questions like do fish like soap in their water? Do fish want dirty hands in their water? Do fish like clean safe water, you get the idea.

Holding the handle of the bucket to go to the tank or the outside to dump old water...

Feeding with a little (like a liquid medicine cup) a few pellets, wafers, what ever it is I want to feed.

A special step ladder for helping do the water change.

Looking for the fish to make sure they are okay.

We have a special Yellow Clown Goby in the SW tank, and his name is Yellow Fish (he's getting up in age, older than the grandson.

<><><><><><>

What is your set up and fish?

This is the best basic resource and something you can look back to for good info. Also there are a couple linked articles for fishless cycling and fish-in cycling. Very inportant helps in those too.
Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom