New Member and itching for knowledge !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anjos

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

New to all this and seeking advice as I go along.
I recently purchased a 90-gallon saltwater aquarium with a 30-gallon sump tank that has been established by previous owner for 8 years. Lots of corals, live rock, sand but the only fish that survived the move were a clownfish and its hosting anenome and a clam. I guess I didn't know what i was doing. Still don't sorta...
I have it running and it's been two weeks with three water changes. I lost a lot of the red coraline algae it had. it is now green. I was told it would go white before turning redish(purple) again. I do have about 10 to 12 aiptasia since I set all the rocks up again.
Just yesterday I got part of a cleaning crew which the previous owner never had. I introduced 10 red leg hermit crabs, 6 peppermint shrimp and 2 diamond gobys which one decided to jump and spend the day on the overflow just to jump back in the DT as soon as lights went out. Lesson learned. Net over overflow now.
In my sump all I have is a carbon filter sponge at the end on the return hose and a Red Sea Berlin Protein Skimmer which I haven't seen creating too much foam for a few days now (maybe my tank is too clean or not enough fish yet).
I will be adding some fish in a month or so and I will be asking your expert advice on the correspondent threads on various topics I need help with.
Thank you.

I'd hold off on stocking

(y) Welcome to Aquarium Advice!! From what it sounds like you're not too sure about the condition of this tank and if you're going about things right? :) Sounds like you're doing ok, all things considering. Are you completely brand new to the hobby?

Hello ktomminello,

Yes I am. I'm an avid researcher online and books as well as asking for advice at local aquarium stores but yes I do need a lot of help. I think I have the basics nailed down and it's running smooth so far.

Welcome to AA!!! If you're itching for knowledge, you're in the right place. The people here are great! Happy new year!

Have you tested your water recently? Giving us your readings can help us narrow down what could be going on and be able to give you advice from first hand experiences!! Fish RULE
:fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2:
:fish1::fish1::fish1::fish1:

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom