New member and new to marine fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MANCUNIA13

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have set up a juwel trigon 190 with t5 lighting and separate led lights for moon light,,,,,,, internal juwel pump,,, internal juwel 3.0 skimmer,,,, I have a twin power head(wave maker).....25 kilo of live rock an live sand.... Live stock 7 turbo snails, 4 hermit crabs, 1 blue neon hermit crab, 1 sandsifter, 2 maroon clowns, 2 classic clowns( nemo style), 1 regal tang, 1 naso tang oh and my long spine sea urching.... All been running only 2 weeks, I do regular water checks and my levels are always perfect....

Welcome to AA and glad you found us here :) before adding corals you will want to get a test kit for alkalinity calcium and magnesium which you will get the proper levels using a reef salt mix like reef crystals. Also how many bulbs is your T5? That will dictate the light level of corals that will be good for your tank.

It's just the t5 day night light that's built into hood, both white an blue lights are on together that why I bought the blue led's

MANCUNIA13 said:
It's just the t5 day night light that's built into hood, both white an blue lights are on together that why I bought the blue led's

How many bulbs though 2?

The LEDs more then likely won't count for much but 2 bulbs will be good for softies like mushrooms zoas and xenias

A decent rule of thumb I like to follow is 2 bulbs for softies 4 for lps and 6+ for sps. Given the tank depth will effect that but most of the time that'll work out.

Ok thanks there the type we were thinking about adding. How long before adding them as this is a new set up..

As long as your cycled and testing low/zero for phosphates and nitrates you can begin adding your corals.

Mrc8858 said:
As long as your cycled and testing low/zero for phosphates and nitrates you can begin adding your corals.

Thanks for your advise

Back
Top Bottom