Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-06-2014, 09:28 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
New member building

Hi all! I've had a 30 gallon aquarium for about 8 years, a 5 year old pond that I had to fill in, and some experience with maintaining a 75 gallon at work. After browsing here I realize I have about 1% of the knowledge you all do! Hoping to get some input as I do my own ground up build on a ~75 gallon for my home. Where should I make a "journal"? I'd love to keep a log of my progress and get any feedback as I go (such as "OMG don't do that!")

Current: 50 gal freshwater. Soil substrate, sand/gravel cap, live planted tank, Super HW-302 filter. 2 blue line rasbora, 3 red serpae tetra, 1 black molly, 2 koi angelfish, 1 plecostomus, 2 blue dwarf gourami, 1 common musk turtle named Leo.
vexxiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
You can put your build thread in the spot where your stock is gonna be so say you want cichlids then add it to the cichlid discussion or if it's gonna a a saltwater tank with live rock only then add it to the FOWLR section

Fluffy's History!
jwh0818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:18 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome. I think you found the right bunch of people as they are knowledgable and always looking for a challenge. As you plan your build keep a thread going and you will be amazed at how many folks will provide advise and follow along. I breed fish in Kiddie Pools during the summer here in St. Louis. I had a ton of people follow along last year and started from the beginning planning phase this year. Last summer was an adventure as I was invaded by frogs, tadpoles had emergency siphons during thunderstorms and you name it.

Once again, welcome.
henningc is offline   Reply With Quote

build, building, new member

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Hey | New to forum »