new member but not new to reading this forum!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lordofworms

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello everyone, I feel like i already know must of you from reading countless threads here. Long time fan of the aquarium hobby but only recently got the budget and the space to really get serious.

just wanted to say hello, and if i could ask a quick Q, more like a guided Q. Where would be the best place to post a pic for the identification of a fish. i bought some kuli loaches several months back and when i got home I noticed a tiny tiny fish along with them, I called the LFS and they said, "our mistake, keep it its a pygmy corycat"....well now that "pudgy" as i call him has grown into himself he hardly looks anything at all like a corycat...and i would just really like to get to know this unpurchased gift as he turns out to be my most favorite now with a ton of personality!

thanks all!

Good question as I noticed there isn't a forum for FW fish ID. There is one for SW. Hmmm.

I'd post it in the freshwater "general discussion area" for lack of a better place.

Welcome to AA too!!! :) :)

Welcome to the community!

I agree, post your question (with picture if possible) in the FW General Discussion forum. Someone will likely be able to make a positive ID for you.

Thank you for that very fast response time. I will def. be taking a pic tonight when I get home and showing it. and thank you for the suggestion on the general forum. I didnt want to spam a section with a question like this.

i am soo excited that maybe someone here can help me figure this little guy out, i would have brought it to my LFS (the one I got it from) but to be honest although all the fish I ever got from there were healthy the staff seems to know very little 'about' their stock...and to this day i have not seen this little guy for sale, sure I see the 'real' corycats (the tank where he was mixed in with) but to date havent seen him/her...heck i cant even sex it yet! lol

Back
Top Bottom