New member, first tank in 20 years!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

E-cubed

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone,

I have had aquariums most of my life, never anything over a 55 gallon, in which I had a breeding pair of Discus. Mostly I did community tanks. I lost the Discus tank a couple of decades ago when the heater got stuck in the "on" position, parboiling my Discus. :bawl: I became so disillusioned that I tore down that tank and have not had fish since.

Then a couple of years ago I decided to get a Crown Betta and put him in a little hex tank with some Java Moss and some Java Fern. (I have always loved Java Fern and had a lot at one time with my Discus.) He needs a bigger home...

I decided weeks ago to mail order some narrow leaf Java Fern, thinking I might set up a tank, and if I did not do that, it would look good in a large jar. Of course I knew full well that I would be getting a tank.

My local pet store had a really great deal on a 10 gallon set up, so I bought it. I know this is very small and almost nothing to most hobbyists, but it fits my space and it is all I want. This will be a heavily planted tank for a few Cardinal Tetras, some Corydoras habrosus and an albino long fin Bushynose.

I have set this tank up and am waiting for it to cycle, hoping that it cycles quickly with so many plants. I wish I could post a picture, or maybe even have a log of my experiences, but not sure how to post images here. I have uploaded an image of my little tank, but now what? Will the image show up with this post? Suggestions anyone?

Best wishes,

E-cubed

Attachments

• _8112934.jpg
    _8112934.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 769
Welcome to the site and welcome back to the addiction!

I wish I could post a picture, or maybe even have a log of my experiences, but not sure how to post images here. I have uploaded an image of my little tank, but now what? Will the image show up with this post? Suggestions anyone?

Hi and Welcome!
You can create a photo journal here: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f70/
You can add images to posts by clicking on this icon:
insertimage.gif
if your pictures are already on the web somewhere. Or you can add images to posts by clicking on
attach.gif
and uploading pictures from your computer. I see that you were successful at including an image in your post. ^_^

Thanks to you all for the warm greeting! And special thanks to Alaris for the helpful information. It seems I did get my image posted, even if I did not know what I was doing this first time. LOL I wonder i there is any interest in a photo journal of a little 10 gallon tank full of plants. ...hmmm...

I think you'll find a LOT of people interested in your photo journal no matter what size your tank or what kind of fish you keep. It's always very interesting to see how other people keep fish.

Back
Top Bottom