New member from Gibraltar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nofx

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,

Just figured I'd write a quick introduction here, seemed like the thing to do.
My name is Kjell, turned 34 just recently, and I live in Gibraltar. Originally I'm from Belgium.

I've always wanted to own a fish tank, but due to certain restrictions (parents, money, space, time, etc) it never seemed like the right time.

However a few days ago, as a belated birthday gift, I finally got my first tank and couldn't be happier about it.

My initial plan was to get a large tank for the living room, in the 100G/400L range, but that one I'd have to pay myself, and the combination of buying an apartment with my gf, as well as a ring to ask (soon) for said gf to be my wife, I am a bit strapped for cash.

I do plan to still get it whenever I can, hopefully soon.

For now however I got a little 12G/46L Fluval Edge for our office/gaming room, and it is currently cycling and looking good. Despite some of the readings being confusing at times haha. But the plants are growing extremely well for now, although the urge to put in some fauna is killing me haha.

I'll add a picture of it, hopefully I don't botch that up.

In any case, look forward to meeting all of you, and learning more as I go along.

Attachments

• IMG_20160921_014115.jpg
    IMG_20160921_014115.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 64
Oh, okay, I guess an engagement ring can come ahead of a larger fish tank -- but just this once, buster! ;)

You've got a nice set up there. The small Fluval tanks are fun to work with.

:welcome:

Oh, okay, I guess an engagement ring can come ahead of a larger fish tank -- but just this once, buster! ;)

You've got a nice set up there. The small Fluval tanks are fun to work with.

:welcome:

Once is the plan :) And thank you (y)

Thanks, here's a little comparison of the growth, first photo is 12 hours after scaping and planting. The second is 5 days later, with some added Monte Carlo in the foreground. I'd say it's growing well :)

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 54
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 59
The tank is a bit of an oddity, and not necessarily the most practical, but I like it nonetheless :)

You might want to have a look at videos on YouTube by "Pecktec." He's a big fan of the Fluval nano-tanks and I know he has a couple like yours - and he's a plant nut.

I have, but thanks. I did do my fair share of slightly obsessive research beforehand, and subscribed to some of the YouTube channels I enjoyed, Pecktec being one of those. Currently on vacation, curious to see what I'll find when I get back to my home and my tank.

Back
Top Bottom