Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
New member from LA, CA

So I'm suppose to be studying for the bar exam , but I needed a break and somehow ended up in AA and saw fishfanatics ordeal with his Angelfish so I joined just to be able to comment. Anyway, I am glad I joined especially since there is a lot of useful info. I've owned fish for a while but I'm not a fish geek yet (soon I hope!).

Right now I only own a male Angelfish whom I purchased since my female Angel decided to lay eggs when she was all alone, so I figured that was her way of telling me to get her a mate. They spawned 3 times, and unfortunately she died along with the fry (someone who shall remain nameless failed to do pwc while I was on business trip). So now I only have him ... I moved him into a 20 gal quarantine tank (really thought he wasn't going to make it) - he just seems too lonely now, although he looks healthy. But now in smaller tank he is fighting his own reflection (is this normal?- I've never had an Angel do that)...

Well it was my first time breeding Angels, and they pretty much did all the work. I hope to set up a new breeding tank, with a little more planning this time. I was just so happy they mated, especially since all the info said it was really difficult to breed them. I got lucky it happened at all... So I
open to suggestions on everything. I want to make it work... Anyway, gotta get back to studying, looking forward to chatting more (after the exam of course

Dorelita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
Welcome to AA!
Homedog98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com