New member from Lafayette, IN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrismiller21

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all! I finally took the leap and joined. I have gotten so much information from this site and it has help me further my knowledge. I am not new the FW aquarium. My mother would raise small Angelfish fry and when they outgrew her tank, she would trade them in for small ones and start all over. So as far as I can remember, I have always had an aquarium of some kind. But I have been without for the last 5 years or so.

We are finally settle down and I have picked up the hobby once again. My last tank was a 55 gal with Gourami's, tiger barbs and a common pleco. This time around, I picked up a 75 gallon which has been turned into a community tank for the kids. My cycle has just finished and know houses 8 tetras, 7 mollys, 2 gold gouramis and another pleco. But wait there is more. I also picked up a 2nd 75 gallon. Its up and filtering. i am waiting to get good lighting, a heater and 2 marineland bio filters. I should have everything in about a week and a half. It did come with a canister filter but it needs a o-ring and i am leary about using them if power goes out or something starts leaking. I do not want to wake up to 75 gallons of water in my front room lol. I threw on an extra aquaclear 70 to get things rolling. I also have 2 10 gallons. One is a planted tank and one is in my 8 yr olds room with nothing in it. She is still deciding what she want in it. I also have a 20 gal long that is not set up. I am waiting for the plants to out grown the 10 and move up to that.

So that's where I am at now. I live in Lafayette, IN. I look forward to many posts to read and to keep on learning.

Back
Top Bottom