New member from MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

treym563

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone, I was searching around for some info on how to start up a fish tank and ended up at these forums and figured I'd join. Just bought a 20 gallon tank and added water to it tonight (doing freshwater), I plan on starting to cycle it tomorrow. So far just having the tank up and running has me excited so I'm hoping this will be a fun new hobby for me.

Hey welcome to AA, nicely done with your research first, yay for fishless cycling!! :D feel free to post any questions you have, and you can also start up a build thread, we love looking at pictures and watching how your progress on the tank is going :D

Welcome to AA. This site has lots of people that love to help newbies!

I want to commend you for doing a fishless cycle. There are too many people that have been mislead by fish stores, and even one less is great. I was lucky enough to find AA before putting fish in a tank. I'm sure I would have messed up! ;)

Well, as Goldfish said, we love pictures, *hint, hint*, and enjoy the forums!

welcome enjoy the site advice and the people i warn you. you may catch mts it's highly contaigous and spreads fast here. also you may find the site more addicting than the hobby

I look at this site on my iPod at least as much as I look at my aquariums. Lol, yup, we warned you!

Bettababe1011 said:
I look at this site on my iPod at least as much as I look at my aquariums. Lol, yup, we warned you!

if I'm not on the app im either at school or asleep lol. im on vacation all this week so look out AA here i come!

Hey. So im new to the forum but not so much the hobby. Only been in the game for two years. I have a 54 gal corner reef. Its doing great. About to set up my 55 long in a few weeks. Just wanted to chirp in. Oh, any have hairy mushrooms?

Bgill1122 said:
Hey. So im new to the forum but not so much the hobby. Only been in the game for two years. I have a 54 gal corner reef. Its doing great. About to set up my 55 long in a few weeks. Just wanted to chirp in. Oh, any have hairy mushrooms?

nice to meet ya create a new thread under the clasided section if your lookin fr some corals youl get more replies there

Thanks for the warm welcome. I actually have to wait for my decorations to ship from Amazon before I start the fishless cycle. After reading all the pros and cons of fishless vs. traditional cycling I decided on fishless because it seemed a little more foolproof as well as sparing some little fishies lives. If you guys wanna see pictures I'll try to figure out how to put together a thread for it, kinda new to the forum world so bear with me. Like I said I am running a 20 gallon and I want to put a few live plants, 4-5 cardinal or neon tetras, a dwarf gourami and a couple otto catfish. I like how the cardinal tetras have more red than neon's but I hear cardinals are harder to keep, anyone have any thoughts on that?

cardinals are bigger and hardier than neons i used to rember the color differnce but i can't remember. as for the cycle. why are you waiting till you get the decor as long as you have a test kit you can start your cycle now

I was under the impression I had to have everything set in order before I started the cycle but what your saying does make sense. I'm gonna start my cycle tonight then...once I find a place that sells the good ammonia.

the bacteria lives in the substrate on surfaces(decor) and in the filter cartridge but a majority is in the filter and substrate. and you could also go the raw shrimp method. try acehardware alot of guys n gals on here have found pure ammo at ace

Back
Top Bottom