new member from NY, 30yrs fishkeeping experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i appreciate the comments, thanks :)
i would love to do salt water but it's a little too much more maintenance for me. even though i do spend alot of time on my freshwater tanks. The first thing i do when i get home is run downstairs to check my tanks, then say hello to my wife, lol ;)

i'm almost finished with the molding work, i'm blending in both frames to make it look like it was one piece. And i have a new UV filter is being added as well. After i am all set up i will post some more pics.

here is the frame work as is, still working on the caulk and then paint.
so far so good, it's funny to see my parrot from the second tank eye ball the fish in the first tank. i had to move him to his own tank cause he is super agressive, kills every fish that goes in the tank with him. he's my 'bulldog' guard fish! i need to put a sign in the front of my house that says, this house is protected by guard fish!

Attachments

• tankwall.JPG
    tankwall.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 48
here's some updated pics, added new UV and finished the frames.
i blended the frames together to give it a cleaner flow. now i'm building my LED light hood for the 40 gal that is still dark, i took some aluminum flashing for the light hood and sprayed it a metallic color to make it a bit more reflective, the top side is white. then i'll stick on the LED's to the hood and connect the driver to my automation system to manage the time LED's stay on.

Attachments

• IMG_1094.JPG
    IMG_1094.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1091.JPG
    IMG_1091.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1005.JPG
    IMG_1005.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1096.JPG
    IMG_1096.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 93
I really like the built into the wall look with a work room behind the tanks,... Wish i had the same ( but i don't) :-( ..Welcome aboard

ok all finished finally, second LED hood completed, white lights for daylight, blue for night. Frames are finished and painted.

Attachments

• fin1.JPG
    fin1.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 43
  • fin2.JPG
    fin2.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 59
  • fin3.JPG
    fin3.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 49
  • fin4.JPG
    fin4.JPG