New member from Peabody MA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alsie731

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Changing from a corner reef tank to a 90 gallon (reef ready tank) to freshwater. Been with reef for 6 years and cannot lug water from cellar upstairs anymore and want to cut down on cost factor without giving up the hobby completely. So the corner unit will be sold this weekend . My youngest son had the 90 all set and moved it to my place and I actually just watched him reset it up. My oldest son had the tank originally and used it as a FOWLR tank until the youngest got it 3 years ago. He had exceptional taste in his setting up and stocking of the tank so I had nothing to do but watch and enjoy. I had a freshwater tank 40 years ago but everything has changed. Being a reef tank I have a wet, dry setup along with a Magnum filter. A big difference from live rock and a skimmer setup that I had in Salt Water. So I really consider myself as a newbe and don't want to solely rely on my sons help - he's got his own stuff to do. He used to do a water change monthly but I would like some advice on maybe doing smaller weekly changes and would appreciate some feedback. So for starters this is it but more advice will be sought very soon. I have had the 90 running for a week now with no problems or fish loss - Oh, I have no live plants. Thanks in advance for your help.

Welcome to Aquarium Advice! :multi:

When you're ready, post your questions in the Saltwater forums. We have many experienced members who will be glad to help!

Welcome aboard. And yes post your questions in SW forums. Not everyone comes in here.

welcometoaa.gif

Welcome to AA. Glad to see a saltie moving over to the FW side. :wink: So post in the FW forums in you have any questions! Glad to have you here.

Back
Top Bottom