New Member from upstate NY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karackle

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forum and to forums in general (came across them while looking for advide on building a vivarium for my crested gecko) and liked the ones I found for that so much I thought i'd see what was out there for fish! I've had at least one aquarium (or beta bowl in college) for pretty much as long as i can remember so I'm not exactly new to aquariums HOWEVER, i've only recently had the time, energy and cash to get interested in making my tanks a little nicer...moving away from the brightly colored stones and fake plants and trying to go a little more natural.

So let's see, I have a 20 gallon tank that I am slowly switching over to a fully planted tank, though the substrate won't be a natural color, it had blue and purple stones and I added black stones to make the substrate deep enough for plant roots to take hold.

I have a Beta in a bowl, and a goldfish in a filtered bowl (each about 1 gallon)

I have a 5 gallon tank that has one little platy I raised from a baby in it

and there will be a 3-5 gallon pond section in the vivarium I am currently constructing.

I think that the 1 platy from the 5 gallon is going to go in the vivarium and I am going to completely overhaul the 5 gallon and make it a very natural looking little tank with just a couple "bigger" fish in it (not huge of course given the small size).

Well, that's all I'll say here...I have some questions too but since this is already a novel I'll save the questions for the appropriate sections!

Back
Top Bottom