New member: interest in water replacement systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billgilthorpe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Transplant from New Orleans to Vidor Texas, (near
Very rushed with my current schedule. Seeking to devise an automated 30% (daily) water replacement system for a 55 gallon tank to ensure water quality. A water well is our souce of replacement water. Seeking imput from someone who has located a commercial system or designed such a system. Bill Gilthorpe from Southeast Texas

Look into typical topoff systems that the salties use. Hook this up, then all you need is a slow bleed off to take out water a little throughout the day. water changes don't have to be done within a certain time period. Changing out 10g over 24 hours is the same as changing 10 gallons all at once.

Welcome to AA, sorry I can't help with the top off problem. I know the usual top-off systems are using fresh water because SW tanks retain all the salt during evaporation. We top off with fresh water and do water changes (PWC) with salt water. Hope that makes sence.

Request:Added info

I will research topoff systems. Do they have a generic name which would identify them in a goggle search. Thanks for taking time to a response.
Bill G

Look into typical topoff systems that the salties use. Hook this up, then all you need is a slow bleed off to take out water a little throughout the day. water changes don't have to be done within a certain time period. Changing out 10g over 24 hours is the same as changing 10 gallons all at once.

Back
Top Bottom