Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
new member intro

My name is Todd. Just getting back into the reef tank since college. I have a 30 Gallon saltwater aquarium. Ive loaded pics to see, but more to come as I frequently add coral and move my tank around. I currently have a Watchman Goby, a Red Spotted Blenny, 2 clowns, a rose bubble tip a Pink Tube and unidentified anemones. Im fortunate to have a great supply store within a mile of my home. Im looking to get more tanks and creat a fish tank room with many different species. I spend a few hours a day on the tank feeding cleaning and just staring into the tank. Going on 6 months old, I have all kinds of things growing and moving around in there. ive bought all kinds of books, subscribed to several coral magazines and have spent about 20 hours researching tanks. I have come to one absolute truth about this hobby and that is that everyone proffesional and novise has a different opinion of what will and will not work. there are no guarantees and never say never. I was told by many that my store bought clowns would take a year to host my rose anemone if ever, it took 4 days!!! Our tanks are alive and life will always find away to defy what people say it cannot do.

Toddww1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA.

As you say there is no one way to do things. You were lucky that your clowns did it so quick. I know many that the clowns never hosted with the anenome. Dont look at it as defying someone just look at it that it happened to me. There are many that it did not happen. I`m one of them. I had to get rid of my anenome as my clowns chose to host the corals instead.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular
Not saying defying anyone, just that some experts state never and that things can happen and work out. not always, but anything is possible. my tank is only 6 months and im sure I will encounter problems. thankfully as a beginner ive learned to be patient and not rush the tank when adding new mates. thanks for the comment. Im very glad I found this app. Aquariums are a drug, and very easy to get addicted!
Toddww1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com