Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-12-2014, 10:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
New Member Intro

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum. I have kept fish before but gave it up for a while. I'm back into the hobby now but this time I have hopes to do only planted aquariums. I have started a ten gallon tank that I will be using to breed RCS. I used black eco-complete gravel, dwarf hairgrass, anubius nana, cryptocoryne wendtii, and pogostemon helferi. My light is a dual t5 fixture in the 6700k range with a total of 28 watts. I add apI leaf zone, api Co2 booster, and api root tabs. Currently, I have three RCS in my tank but I have more on the way because I didn't get a mixture of males and females. They only had females. I have plans to set up a 20 gallon long tank soon and any input on how I can improve upon what I have in my ten gallon would be much appreciated. I have a heater and filter on order for it but nothing else so far. What I am going to struggle with is finding the right lighting for this 20 gallon in a price range I can afford. I definitely want to keep a betta in the 20 gallon so suggestions on plants and other fish that would be good with a betta would be great, as well. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141007_170637.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	252656   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141007_170510.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	252657  

lind715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:45 AM   #2
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
Hi, nice pics!
Delapool is offline   Reply With Quote

intro, new member

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com