New Member-LAMBY-western australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lamby

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hows it going every one names lamby. Im still a bit of a novice but im picking it up quick got 2 aquariums at the moment. Ones 600x350 has a few rainbow sharks, African cichlids and a ghost knife and bristle-nose. the other tank is a nano tank which is awaiting 10 beautiful cichlids and an eel keen to get as much info as possible.:fish2:

can these to cichlids cross breed

Hi every one iv got a question iv got a decent sized electric yellow (about 5-6cm) and a metriaclima pulpica (about4-5cm) and a small yellow about 3cm. Well to get straight to the point I think my electric yellow has cross breed its showing a couple of signs. Such as digging a hole in the one spot and defending it can any one help me.

:Welcome: to AA!
Just because she is digging doesn't mean that she is holding. Digging to me would mean she is making herself a home and claiming it as her territory. If you.have males and females mixed they will cross breed. The only way.around it is to keep a species only tank or an all male tank. Here is a little info from our article section maybe helpful and may not but it may answer some of your questions. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/lake-malawi-aquarium-stocking-cichlids/
If you need to ask questions start a thread in the cichlid section. There are a ton of very knowledgeable cichlid keepers there. :)

cheers

cheers i found that very help full

Back
Top Bottom