New member, new to aquarium fish keeping.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nmesaris

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello folks. I got into this hobby about a year ago when I happened upon a cheap used 130 gallon aquarium for sale. i then proceeded to watch every YouTube video on aquariums that I could find. So I got around to setting up my first tank back in January, it has been up and running for 6 months now. I am fairly pleased with how it turned out but my dang neon tetras keep going belly up and my water tests are all good. If anyone has advice on how to keep neon tetras, I would be happy to hear it. I may just give up on them and stick to other more hardy fish. Thanks

picture

110914-albums14673-picture71230.jpg

130 gallon display tank plus 55 Gallon sump (half full). 180 gallons total circulating water, for now. I plan on expanding above and maybe to the side. I have serpae tetras, neons tiger barbs, rainbow shark, Julie Cory , beta, Otto, snails, ammono shrimp, angel fish, black fin tetras, and gouramie.

my tank

110914-albums14673-picture71230.jpg

130 gallon display tank, drilled and installed over flow box, 55 gallon sump ( half full) self built installed baffles, wet dry trickle filter for biological media, pump return to display tank in hidden rock outlet.

fish, neon, serpae, and black fin tetras, angle fish, betta, bristle nose pleco, julii cory cat, ammono shrimp, snails, otto, tiger barbs, gourami, couple of danios survivors. I think thant is it. I plan on adding some more wood and plants, I also plan on having a living wall above the thank with tank water filtering through the living wall plants.

Thanks

I am looking forward to learning from this community and maybe share some of my own experience. Thanks

Welcome. The setup does not scream "New". That DW is nicely scaled for that tank size. That sump is bigger than all of my tanks combined!

IMG_4170.jpg

Thanks, I put a lot of time and effort into this tank. I added some plants and another piece of suspended wood.

Back
Top Bottom