New member, No tank (yet)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pastey

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have been researching, reading, going cross-eyed, doing more reading and learning. I am not a new fish owner or even a new saltwater owner but I have been out of the "game" for a few years. I went from snakes, ferrets, saltwater, freshwater, more snakes. I have pondered such things as buying a custom built acrylic 24x24x18 cube and customizing it to include a sump and skimmer but, in all honesty, I want to avoid as much headache as possible as I dip my preverbal toes back in the water (pun intended). This leads me to the "almost ready to go" 29gal "cubes". Competent, aesthetically pleasing and seemingly takes a good bit of guesswork out of the equation. My GOAL is to house a pair of clowns and possibly 1 or 2 other creatures (not necessarily fish...shrimp, snail, etc.). I had hopes on an anemone but I have realized the lighting that comes stock with most of these kits is not adequate and would require upgrade. Also, added flow is a very real possibility. Live sand and live rock are on the top of my list to help with my equilibrium of chemicals.

With all of that said, if anyone would like to offer advice, critiques, opinions or ideas, I am ALL ears. I'm very much looking forward to getting back into saltwater fish ownership but I am in no hurry and want to do things right the first time. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom