Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
New Member old time "tanker"

Hello Fellow Fish Folks!
I am 34 years old and have been "tanking" for many years. At one point about 12 years ago I had 3 tanks running. A 60 gallon with various cichlids, a 30 gallon with bass, and a 15 gallon with a puffer.
It became too much work so I eventually sold all except the 15 gallon tank and now have 1 Betta fish. I also have a new 5250 gallon pond in the back yard it is 24x17 feet and 3 feet deep. I have 13 various comets and shubunkins all about 8 inches long and countless baby comets and shubunkins. We are experiencing our first snow of the year today so the little guys are just now going into hybernation.
I found this site while looking into saltwater tanks. That is the one thing I have not done and I would really like one. I am not sure what the costs are to get a 30-50 gallon saltwater set up or the maintenance. Any tips for a saltwater newbie are much appreciated.
Thanks! And nice to meet you!
And now for your viewing pleasure:

This was taken right when we finished it.

Pecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome Liz! Your pond looks amazing!

Check out the SW articles section to get an idea about starting a saltwater tank.
Question everything you see on the internet. ~ George Orwell
HN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
to AA!

Your pond looks amazing, great job on it!
"If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything. I'm positive that a doer makes mistakes."
--John Wooden
bruinsbro1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:51 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to AA! I absolutely love your pond! Do you have any pictures of your goldfish?
[CENTER]Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
Latest aquarium vlog:
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Thanks everyone, I do have some photos of my goldfish and some babies. I was just clearing up an algae bloom so they aren't the clearest photos.

Babies!!! Ohhh so cute!

Pecan is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com