new member saying hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johmartz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi to everyone in this community. I would like to open this intro by saying that this is the best forum that I have been to so far. The members in this community are very informative and supportive :). That said, my setup is: a 75 gallon tank with African Malawi cichlids (Mbunas and Peacocks) in it; a 40 gallon community tank (my son's) with an albino catfish, black ghost, elephant-nose, iridescent shark, long-finned albino pleco, two bamboo fan shrimps, and a tinfoil barb; and a 5 gallon tank with a betta (my daughter's) in it. I also have a 10 gallon tank which I use as a quarantine/hospital tank. It now has a zebra cichlid with bloat which I am trying to cure.

Hey John,... Welcome aboard,... Pretty new here myself,...lots of good advice and lots of good information shared with a smile,.....enjoy the ride

Welcome John. That's great that you got the family onboard with this fantastic hobby.

@Dary421 - I agree 100% with you. Everybody's so helpful and friendly here.
@ChizerBunoi - the kids love watching the fish. I still do the maintenance though, haha.

Welcome to the forum! I did a lot of forum-searching before I finally landed and stuck with this one. Everyone here is very helpful and friendly. What I've noticed more though is that the experts are honest. If you are doing something wrong they will tell you flat out, no sugar-coating, which is the main reason I love this site. When someone tells me "you could get away with it and it may not hurt the fish" I think I'm good keeping things the same. Not here. They will tell you what you're doing wrong and how to fix it. The guys and girls here are great!

welcometoaa.gif

Thanks again to those who have extended their warm welcomes. I will be posting pictures of my 75 gal cichlid tank soon as I get a chance to take photos of it.

as I have mentioned in my last post, I am attaching 2 photos of my 75 gal cichlid tank...

DSC_3419.jpg

DSC_3407.jpg

I'm not sure if I should add plants (live or artificial) to my tank. What do you think?

Yes put in some plants. I always recommend plants. Take a look at my journal below for some good starter ones that do well with cichlids.

Great looking planted tank Chizer. However, my cichlid tank's substrate is crushed coral and I'm not sure if live plants will like that. My other tank (40 gallon community) has anubias, java fern and some other plants that I forgot the names though. A couple looks like the ones you have in the back with long slender leaves.

Back
Top Bottom