Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-12-2013, 03:38 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

New Member seeking knowledge

Hi, I'm Jeremy. I have three aquariums up and running. I just acquired a Bumblebee Cichlid and am always on the lookout for helpful tips to care for my fish properly. I have 3 Clown Loaches, 4 Tiger Barbs, 3 albino Corydora catfish, an albino Bristlenose Plecostamus, an afrikan Bumblbee Cichlid, and an assortment of goldfish, which I started out with. Never thought I would enjoy being an aquarist, but I really love it.

I'm here to seek knowledge from other more seasoned aquarists, because it seems the pet stores are only concerned with selling, and have very little knowledge when it comes to keeping fish.

I look forward to many discussions and making some new friends with this common interest.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:47 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Welcome, and you came to a good place. I have been helped out many times because of AA. If you didn't know, it also has an awesome app for smartphones.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:49 AM   #3

Thanks for welcoming me, and I have the app. Actually, that's how I find most of my information. On my iPhone.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:00 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHood View Post
Thanks for welcoming me, and I have the app. Actually, that's how I find most of my information. On my iPhone.
Yeah same here. I haven't been back to another forum I am in since I found this one.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:02 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to aa! What size tanks do you have and what fish are in each?
Old 10-12-2013, 04:14 AM   #6

I am still a beginner. Started with a 10 gallon gold fish tank that was given to me by a friend. Lost several fish trying in the first couple of months. After learning about cycling, I moved the goldfish to a 20 gallon tank. Brand new tank, fish are doing great. I have one black moor and 5 assorted fan tails.

I also found a rare 40 gallon tank in an online garage sale site. It had cracks in one side. I repaired it with silicone and it has been holding water for 6 months now. I have 3 clown loaches, 5 tiger barbs, 3 albino corydoras, and an albino Bristlenose Pleco in this tank. I'll post pics later on.

I recently acquired a bumblebee cichlid. The previous owner couldn't handle him bullying her other fish. He's full grown and full of attitude. I have him by himself in a 29 gallon tank. I'm wanting to get a larger tank so I can start adding more cichlids. He seems lonely. However, I'm still a novice and cichlids are completely new to me. That's why I'm here. To gain knowledge.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:20 AM   #7

This is my 40 gallon tank. I made the hood myself and an old bathroom cabinet into a stand. Plenty of storage underneath. I added LED lighting which I can change colors by remote. The fish seem to enjoy it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1783210636.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	202171
Old 10-12-2013, 04:23 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Alright I thought you had put the bumblebee in with they community type fish. Only real problem I see is those clown loaches will reach nearly a foot each.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:25 AM   #9

Yeah I know. They're pretty small now. I plan on getting a 75 to 90 gallon tank in the near future. Those guys are pretty entertaining. I call em the three stooges. They live in the boney rock. Unfortunately they will out grow it soon.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:27 AM   #10

The problem I'm having with the bumblee cichlid, who's is named Delbert, is that he is full grown and I can't seem to find any tank mates that are big enough. I have a lot of questions and I'm hoping to find some answers here.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com